Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Defintion Of Love and Ways To Find It

Love is a part of life. Everyone talks, thinks, dreams and worries about it. Just saying the four letter word can bring up so many emotions, some good and unfortunately, some bad. This is normal. Love involves lots of drama, highs and lows, and causes many different emotions. Many people question, what exactly is love? Or, how can I tell if it truly is love that I am feeling? Honestly, I cannot answer that question. I wish I knew myself. The best thing I can do is give you the dictionary definition of love:

Love- a strong affection or liking for someone or something.

I believe only you can know whether you are in love or not. No one else can decide for you. Only you can truly know in your heart if it is love.

Some people just worry if they will ever find love. Many people dream about finding that one person they can spend the rest of their life with. Although, we would like it to be easy, it is rarely ever the case. Finding love involves dating many people and going through many challenges and obstacles, the biggest one being heartbreak. Just about everyone will go through this. It is nearly impossible to avoid. This causes sadness, anger, confusion, and many other emotions. It may cause you to question yourself. Why did this happen? What have I done wrong? What can I change next time? Will I ever find someone again?

Sometimes, we don’t know why breakups happen, but I do know that no matter the circumstances, do not blame yourself, even if you were the one to break up with someone. People make mistakes. Relationships involve unpredictability and people being choosy. You are not sure what you want. Just learn from your mistakes and move on. Accept the fact that it just possibly wasn’t meant to be. And yes, most likely you will find someone new. There are many other people out there. You have to meet lots of people and take chances to find love. I may not know the true meaning of love, but I do know that it is possible to love more than one person. One of my favorite quotes I would like to share with you is:

“I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so you can learn to let go, things go wrong so you can appreciate them when they are right, you believes lies so eventually you learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.”

I believe it was Marilyn Monroe who was the author of that quote.

If you haven’t dated many people, don’t worry about it. Just be glad you haven’t had to deal with all the drama dating involves. Don’t worry about not finding love, most likely you will find it. It might take a long time. Just be patient. You’ll be glad you waited. Meet lots of people and get out there and do what you love to do. Have fun and just live your life. The rest will follow.

1 comment:

  1. Love is so much more than a feeling. It's the way you live. It's putting someone's wants and needs before your own. It's selfless living. That's what TRUE love is.

    ReplyDelete